- There are no adjustments to the robot, so if a faulty or worn part causes the robot to malfunction, replace that part.
- If you are not skilled at soldering, you should send in your Control Box for service if soldering is indicated. Control Box parts are small and easily damaged. Improper soldering may void your warranty and service policy.
- If you open the Control Box, unscrew only the 4 corner screws. Do not remove the 4 screws in the middle.
- The following solutions will apply to all models of Newgy Robots, except if marked with the following
footnotes: 1 Robo-Pong® 1000 only, 2 Robo-Pong® 2000 only, 9 Model 1929 only.
Oscillator motor runs, but head does not move side to side.
- Check to be sure Control Levers are in a position other than 1,6. Reposition, if necessary. (all models except 1050 and 2050)
- A gear post, lever, or the Control Lever Adapter has broken. Replace. (all models except 1050 and 2050) See Owner's Manual.
- Oscillator has not been assembled correctly. Be sure top pin of Pivot Guide is positioned correctly inside the hole at the bottom of the Oscillator Motor Cover and bottom pin of Pivot Guide is in the corresponding hole of the Ball Feed Upper Guide. (all models except 1050 and 2050) See Owner's Manual.
Oscillator operates, but oscillator control levers jump out of place while oscillator runs.
- A. Control Levers are bent or cracked. Levers can sometimes be carefully bent back into shape when softened by heating. Otherwise, replace. (all models except 1050 and 2050) See Owner's Manual.
Oscillator operates, but motion is jerky and/or straining noises are heard.
- Oscillator Motor Cover is pressing down on the Control Levers, restricting their movement. Remove cover and file or scrape away a little of the bottom edge of the cover that is directly above the levers. (all models except 1050 and 2050)
- Rough mold parting seams on the top and/or bottom of Oscillator Pivot Guide. Smooth seams with a file or sharp knife. (all models except 1050 and 2050)
Robot does not deliver the ball all the way to either the left or right corner of the table when spin is set to straight topspin or backspin and control levers are set to positions 3 & 4.
- See Owner's Manual.
- Make sure fit of Control Lever Adapter to Pivot Guide is very tight. If loose, replace Control Lever Adapter. (all models except 1050 and 2050.)
- Be sure Clear Front Cover is properly snapped into place.1,2 (all models except 1050 and 2050)
- Examine plastic pins on top and bottom of Oscillator Pivot Guide. Pins should be straight and exactly perpendicular to the top and bottom surfaces. If either pin is crooked, replace Pivot Guide. (all models except 1050 and 2050).
1 Applies to Robo-Pong® 1000 robots only.
2 Applies to Robo-Pong® 2000 robots only.
9 Applies to Model 1929 robots only.