1 Control Box- Digital vs. Analog
Digital Control Box
Revolutionary digital technology means easy, precise regulation of ball speed, wait time, and landing location. Randomize ball speed, wait time, and/or landing spot on table to make robot more unpredictable.
- Stop delivery of balls manually, by time or by count – your choice.
- Precisely place the ball with 20 oscillation positions and 30 speed settings.
- Go as fast or as slow as you want – from about 1 to more than 170 balls per minute!
- Hook up to your Windows PC to create, read, run and save drill files.
- Send and receive drill files via internet with students, friends and others.
- Ready to go with 64 pre-programmed drills for all skill levels.
- Calibration controls allow two different robots to have near identical performance.
- Use cell phone-like menu system to easily adjust robot for even complex functions.
- Use it anywhere in the world – menus in 6 languages and universal power supply.
- (Transformers must be matched to electrical specification of the robot location.)
- Uses Pulse Width Modulation to control motor speeds resulting in more torque at low end and improved motor performance and longer motor life.
Analog Control Box
- Analog control box uses switches and dials to control robot.
- 3 dials to adjust ball speed, ball frequency and oscillation, plus on/off switch.
- Uses Voltage Regulation to control motor speeds.
2 Randomness Controls
The digital robot models have the randomness option which allows for randomized ball speed, wait time, and/or landing spot on the table to make the robot more unpredictable. It is more like playing with an actual person. Settings at randomness can be carefully controlled so robot can become progressively more difficult as skills improve.
3 Robo-Pong 2050/2040 Recommended Ball Capacity based on recycling net is 120 Robo-Balls.
4 What are pre-programmed drills
64 pre-programmed drills are ready to go with the digital robot models for every skill level. Pre-programmed drills are great for competitive training or a great cardio workout. There are drills for beginners, intermediate, advanced and expert level players. Other drills train serve return, reactions to random balls, attack of underspin returns and attack of high balls. Drills can easily be made to run slower or faster to suit a wide range of skill levels.
5 What does PC Mode mean/do?
With PC Mode, you can create, read, run and save drill files. Save them on a PC, write them to the Control Box, or swap them with friends via email or the internet.
6 Voltage Regulation
7 Pulse Width Modulation
1 May require inexpensive plug adapter to match common electrical sockets in various countries
2 except 2050 requires optional Robo-Caddy for use with conversion tops used on 9 foot pool tables.